Crown Point Car Accident Attorneys
Fighting for Auto Injury Victims Nationwide
A car accident can dramatically alter a victim's life, unleashing a cascade of unforeseen changes and challenges. Between the physical injuries, psychological trauma, and the strain of financial burdens like medical expenses and loss of income, the aftermath is frequently overwhelming. When a car accident was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another driver, you deserve compensation for these and other losses.
Our Crown Point car accident lawyers at Alvarez Law Offices understand what you are going through and are here to help you navigate this difficult situation. Our team can help you bring a personal injury claim against the negligent driver and fight aggressively to hold them accountable. With over 200 years of combined legal experience and over $1 billion recovered for our clients, we have what it takes to get you the compensation you need to get your life back on track. Our skilled legal professionals are prepared to handle auto accident cases of all complexities, including those involving rideshares.
Let us help you through the legal process so that you can focus on your recovery. You pay no fees unless we win – guaranteed – so call (219) 300-5204 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Indiana?
In Indiana, the law imposes a strict deadline – known as the statute of limitations – on the amount of time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit after a car accident. Generally, this deadline is two years from the date of the accident.
If you fail to file your lawsuit within this two-year period, the court will likely dismiss your case, and you will lose your right to seek any compensation for your injuries and losses. There can be some exceptions to this rule, but they are rare and specific.
When someone suffers fatal injuries in a car accident, qualifying parties have two years from the date the victim passed away – not the date of the accident – to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you recently lost a loved one due to a car accident, we can provide compassionate support and walk you through who has the right to bring these types of cases in Indiana.
$8.5 Million Semi-Truck Accident
$4 Million Steel Mill Explosion
$3.55 Million Injured Tradesmen/Steelworker
$3 Million Prescription Medical Defect
$2.5 Million Amputation in Illinois
$2,028,000 Trucking Settlement
What Causes Car Accidents in Indiana?
Car accidents can be caused by a wide variety of factors, though many are preventable and tied to negligence or recklessness. All Indiana drivers owe a duty of care to others on the road, and when they violate that duty by violating traffic laws or behaving irresponsibly, they become liable for any injuries they cause.
Many Indiana car accidents are caused by:
Whether it's due to texting, eating, or getting into an argument with a passenger, drivers who are not fully focused on the road greatly increase their risk of causing an accident.
Despite rigorous laws and penalties, drunk driving remains a critical problem in Indiana. Alcohol impairs a driver's ability to operate the vehicle safely, often leading to serious, even fatal accidents.
Speeding reduces a driver's control over the vehicle and increases the chances of a collision.
Failing to Follow Traffic Laws
Running red lights or stop signs, turning without signaling, and attempting to pass in no-pass zones are all traffic violations that can cause collisions.
This includes a wide range of dangerous behaviors including tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, and aggressive driving. Such irresponsible behavior is often due to impatience, road rage, or lack of regard for traffic laws and safety.
I recommend the Alvarez Law Office; Friendly, helpful, and needful advice and also very knowledgeable regarding workman's comp claims. I appreciated their professional representation and skill.- Faith F.
The Alvarez Law Office helped me with a personal injury case and did a superb job. Everyone from the office staff to Walter Alvarez are very personable and friendly. My experience was great. Shout out to Steven Alvarez for a great job! Thank you so much!- Marci W.
This is a firm you want on your side. They did an amazing job on my car accident case. They really are 24-7. Brandon answered all my questions promptly even on the weekends. Steven got me an amazing settlement. He is the man! He even got my medicals lowered. This is a powerhouse lawyer you want on your side.- Moses V.
The Alvarez Law Office helped me settle a workers compensation case. I am very pleased with the results thus far! Brandon along with the paralegal staff have been very professional and friendly. If you are in need of legal representation, consider Alvarez Law Office. Thank you so much!- Laura J.
Everyone that I have spoken with at Alvarez has been polite, positive, & professional. These interactions have inspired my confidence in this firm. It’s reassuring when you’re not well to have a team like this on your side. My attorney, Steven Alvarez a great communicator, very helpful, and kind. He has already been a huge help. I’m grateful I have Alvarez Law working on my behalf.- Lilly P.
My experience with the Alvarez Law office was outstanding. They took my case and completed it in a timely manner. Ms. Theresa was outstanding with my case and made sure that I had everything I needed. If anyone needs a law firm that would fight for you like no other this is the Law firm for you. Thank you Anna Gallo- Anna G.
- Hailey S.
Brandon was great at getting back to me and answering all of my questions. It was nice having someone that would answer 24-7 and Attorney Alvarez got me a great resolution on my case.
Very pleased with this law firm Brandon has kept me updated throughout my case. Brandon and Nicole are Rock Star's. I would definitely encourage anyone to use this law firm. If you want a Rock Star lawyer then Brandon Morford at Alvarez Law that's the guy you need.- James C.
The whole entire staff IS GREAT from the front desk to the top. Very nice very friendly honest and reliable!- Joseph L.
The office staff was always polite answering the phones. The paralegals are always there to answer my questions through email or by phone calls it may have taken time to get back to me but just had to be patient. The legal secretary called to go over and make sure I understood what and how it was going to be finalized. Attorney Steve Alvarez not settling and making sure he went the extra mile for me.- Brandy F.
I was in an awful wreck in January and I contacted Mr. Alvarez. He has been such a great attorney but an even better friend! From checking up on me and making time for calls with both of our busy schedules. I can honestly say in an awful circumstance Steve Alvarez did his absolute best at all times. I Highly recommend this attorney to anyone!!! Thank you- Collin S.
Got me more money back than I expected for my injuries! Thanks Alvarez law firm. You guys are awesome!!!- Jerry G.
WhiplashThis soft tissue injury often occurs during rear-end collisions when the sudden motion causes the neck to jerk back and forth forcefully. Symptoms include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and dizziness.
Head and Brain Injuries
These can range from mild concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries. Symptoms may include headaches, confusion, memory loss, and in serious cases, long-term cognitive problems.
Broken BonesThe impact of a collision can easily break bones, especially ribs, arms, legs, and collarbones. These injuries can be extremely painful and may require surgery to repair.
Spinal Cord Injuries
These can lead to partial or complete paralysis, depending on the severity and location of the injury. Symptoms may include pain, numbness, and loss of function in certain parts of the body.
Burn InjuriesA collision can cause a vehicle’s fuel tank to rupture and ignite, leading to fire and subsequently, burn injuries. Overheated engines or exhaust systems can also lead to burns if they come in direct contact with the skin during the accident. Electric vehicles pose a unique risk, as their lithium-ion batteries can catch fire upon impact in a collision, again potentially leading to burn injuries.
These can be especially dangerous, as they are not always immediately apparent. Damage to organs, blood vessels, or the abdomen can lead to serious complications and requires immediate medical attention.
Psychological InjuriesCar accidents can also lead to psychological injuries such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression. These types of injuries are often overlooked but can have a significant impact on a victim's life.
- Ensure everyone’s immediate safety. First and foremost, check for any injuries to yourself and other people involved in the accident. If urgent medical attention is needed, do not wait to call for emergency services. If possible, move vehicles out of the traffic lanes to a safe location.
- Report the Accident. Call the police, even if the accident seems minor. In Indiana, you are legally required to report any accident that results in injury, so disregard any requests from the other driver to not involve the police. An officer will come to the scene and create an official police report of the accident, which can serve as an invaluable piece of evidence when filing insurance claims or pursuing a personal injury case.
- Say as little as possible to the other driver. While it is okay to verify whether the other driver and their passengers need emergency services as well as exchange contact information, you should keep all other conversation, including small talk, to a minimum. Anything you say at the scene could potentially be twisted out of context and used against you later on. For example, reflexively saying “I think I’m okay” or “The accident doesn’t seem that bad” could have adverse consequences down the road.
- Exchange contact information. You need the other driver’s name, phone number, address, license information, and insurance information. Whenever possible, you should also get the contact information of any witnesses.
- Document the accident. Using your smartphone, take photographs or video footage of the accident scene, damage to the vehicles, and any visible injuries. Be sure to capture any skid marks or elements that may have contributed to or exacerbated the accident.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you do not feel like you have suffered any major injuries, you still need to see a doctor as soon as you can after an accident. Some injuries may not show symptoms immediately. Explain you were in a car accident and request a full evaluation, as a medical professional may be able to spot injuries that were not initially apparent. Having a medical record that links your injuries to the accident can be crucial to getting fair compensation in any subsequent legal proceedings.
- Contact Alvarez Law Offices. You should not wait to hire a legal advocate to represent your interests. Our Crown Point car accident lawyers can guide you through the legal process and help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for Car Accident Victims in Indiana
A personal injury claim allows you to obtain compensation for both economic and non-economic damages stemming from car accident injuries. Economic damages refer to the quantifiable monetary losses suffered by an individual as a direct result of an accident. These damages are tangible and directly linked to the crash, making them relatively straightforward to calculate. Non-economic damages cover compensation for intangible, non-monetary losses that a person sustains because of a crash. Unlike economic damages, these damages do not have a clear monetary value and are more subjective in nature, making them more challenging to quantify.
Our Crown Point car accident attorneys will fight to secure full and fair compensation for both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life